6 reasons women should own their own business
- No pay gap due to gender. Whether you own a data center, a scuba diving school or a retail store… as the owner, you and you alone decide how much you get paid. Some may argue that some patrons won’t want to work with a landscape company or medical transport company that is owned by a woman, but how and why would they even know?
- There is no glass ceiling. You can go as high, as wide, as diverse as you want.
- You have self directed maternity leave. When your kids have a baseball game or doctors appt, you and you alone decide if you are going to take the time to attend.
- If there is sexual harassment, you can fire them
- You get to create the culture that you want and run the company the way you want.
- You are a good role model for other women and girls.